Tourist Attractions, Hotel Resorts, and the best things to do in 2020 while in honolulu, Hawaii
Almost everyone has heard a thing or two about Hawaii. The beautiful beaches, sunny weather, and delicious fruits that are found in the state are just a little of what it offers to tourists. The capital of Hawaii, Honolulu, is a place where many people from across the world go to have a vacation and relax from the hustle and bustle of work. If you decide to travel to Honolulu, there is no end to the number of fun things you can do while you are there. In fact, you’d find it difficult to leave the beautiful island and go back to your normal life. Before you travel to the city, ensure that you plan your adventure so that you can have a wonderful visit and know exactly what you want to do when you get there.
Tourist attractions in Honolulu
Honolulu is Hawaii’s capital and is also the major point of entry into the state. The main attraction of the city is Waikiki, with others being Downtown and Pearl Harbor. A host of various tourist attractions are present in Honolulu. If you want to visit the city, it is best that you know them all and note the ones you like best. This way, you can make your stay an enjoyable one by visiting these places. Some of the tourist attractions include in Honolulu:
- Pearl Harbor: This is the biggest natural harbor in the whole of Hawaii. The place is rife with history and has four major attractions which you can visit to learn about it. These places include the Pacific Aviation Museum, the USS Arizona Memorial, the Battleship Missouri Memorial, and the USS Bowfin Submarine Museum & Park. You’ll be better off booking a tour beforehand so that you can learn everything that you wish to know about these places.
- Waikiki Beach: Waikiki has its location on the southern shore of Honolulu. Waikiki beach is one of the most famous and beautiful beaches in the world. With the numerous 5-star hotels and resorts that are located close to this beach, you can enjoy it in a modern setting. You can carry out different activities on the beach such as swimming, sunning and surfing. Whether you are just learning to surf, or you are already a pro at it, you can out this exciting activity at the beach.
- Waimea Canyon State Park: Another place where tourists visit in the city is the Waimea Canyon, which is situated on the west side of Kauai, an island. The canyon is very long, over 10 miles in length, and is also very deep, reaching a depth of 3600 feet in some places. Major lookouts from which you can view the Waimea canyon are Puu hinahina and Puu ka Pele. The best way to enjoy exploring it is to take a tour. There are guided tours for people who want to hike on the numerous hiking trails, and you can sign up for one of them. On these tours, you will be provided with things to eat and gear to make the hike comfortable. If you do not want to hike, there are also rafting tours for which you can sign up to explore the river in the canyon.
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve: This beautiful Bay is a popular one with snorkelers. Some time ago, the reef was damaged as pollution, coupled with too much use, destroyed its delicate reef system. However, after a lot of restoration efforts, it has been restored to its former glory once again. Hanauma Bay is open to visitors, and it has an education center called the Hanauma Bay Education Center, where you can learn about the bay. Also, if you love to snorkel or you would like to learn how to do it, several shops offer lessons and rent out snorkeling materials. This way, you can get to see the reef system, together with its inhabitants, in a breathtaking experience.
- Volcanoes National Park: Volcanoes National Park has two of the world’s most active volcanoes, namely Kilauea and Mauna Loa. People who go to this park get to have a close-up look at an active volcano system. The Park is open 24 hours, and so you can get to see these wondrous sites anytime you wish to do so. It is easier to see the lava when it is dark, and it is also advisable that you check in with the Park rangers so that they can guide you properly. The lava is not always active, but even if it is not flowing when you visit, you will enjoy exploring the Hawaii Volcanoes National park.
Best Resort hotels in Honolulu.
People who visit Honolulu for vacations have a host of five-star resort hotels from which they can choose. These hotels provide all the amenities that are necessary for a comfortable stay in the city. If you are planning to travel to Hawaii and you want to know some of the best hotels in which you can stay, they include:
- The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach Hotel: This luxurious hotel has all the services and amenities that you need to make your stay glorious. Each suite and residential studio offers an amazing view of the ocean. Other services offered by the hotel include group yoga classes, spa services, and awesome dining. The Ritz-Carlton Residences, Waikiki Beach, is located at 383 Kalaimoku St, Waikiki, United States.
- Halekulani Hotel: Halekulani is a five-star hotel that is situated very close to Gray’s beach and the Waikiki Beach Walk. The resort has 453 rooms with all the comforts that you need to make your stay enjoyable. Each room has its refrigerator, air conditioner, and LCD television, plus there is also wireless internet access. Amenities that are available in the resort include spas, an outdoor pool, a fitness center, concierge services, and child care services. The resort also has three restaurants and two coffee shops to cater to your feeding requirements. Halekulani hotel is located at 2199 Kalia Rd, Honolulu, United States.
- Trump International Hotel, Waikiki: The Trump International Hotel has 462 rooms with each one having its kitchen facilities, televisions, free Wi-Fi, and other amenities. Outdoor amenities on the property include a spa, gym, restaurant, ATM, gift shop, business center, and a library. The resort also allows you to bring your pet for a token. It is very close to the beach; about 5 minutes’ walk away from it and is also close to various boutiques and restaurants. Trump international hotel is located at 223 Saratoga Rd, Honolulu, United States.
- The Royal Hawaiian: This beachfront resort offers luxurious accommodation to visitors. It has different amenities that are designed to give you maximum comfort during your stay. The Royal Hawaiian boasts of 528 rooms and offers world-class dining. A host of oceanfront restaurants that serve traditional Hawaiian foods, fresh seafood, and American foods are available at the resort both day and night. The Royal Hawaiian is located at 2259 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, United States.
- The Modern Honolulu: The resort overlooks Waikiki Beach and offers contemporary and luxurious accommodation to visitors. It has all the amenities that you need to make your stay pleasurable and fun. For instance, it has awesome dining, great spa treatments, a vibrant nightlife, and pool settings. The Modern Honolulu is located at 1775 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, United States.
- The Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations: This resort is situated at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It is very close to the Kahanamoku beach and is also close to the Hawaii convention center, about a 5-minute drive from it. Amenities on the resort include a pool, spa, and fitness center. The Grand Islander by Hilton Grand Vacations is located at 2023 Kalia Rd, Honolulu, United States.
The Best things to do in Honolulu
There are lots of fun activities that you can carry out in Honolulu, ranging from surfing to snorkeling with sharks. Some of these activities include:
- Visit the Waikiki zoo: The Waikiki zoo is a place that many families and individuals who visit Honolulu go to have fun and see different animals. Various types of animals in the zoo include primates, some African animals, orangutans, elephants, different kinds of reptiles, birds, and amphibians.
- Go shopping: There is an abundance of shops, both small and big, in Honolulu where you can shop if you want to do so. You can buy different goods ranging from general items to souvenirs. Some of the best places to shop in Honolulu include Waikele Premium Outlets, Aloha Stadium Swap Meet, Ala Moana Center, Haleiwa Farmer’s Market, and Pearlridge.
- Visit the Waikiki aquarium: The Waikiki aquarium opens every day from 8 am to 8 pm. It features an awesome collection of local sea life, and there are several guides there who would be pleased to answer any questions that you might have.
- Go surfing on the ocean: Surfing is a sport that a lot of people enjoy and is a popular one in which many people who visit Honolulu engage. If you already know how to carry out this activity, there are different surf spots where you can surf. On the other hand, if you have no idea how to surf, you can learn as there are various surfing schools that offer lessons on how to carry out the activity. Make your vacation time worthwhile and fun at the same time by learning this sport. Some of the best surf spots in Honolulu include Sunset Beach, Banzai Pipeline, Ala Moana Bowls, Sandy beach, and Kewalos.
- Go on the Sunrise Lava Tour: On this tour, you will get to see lava flowing into the ocean, a wondrous sight for anyone to behold. There are tour guides who will guide you every step of the way and provide you with all the information you need about the experience.
- Snorkel with sharks: If you are an adventurous person, then make sure to snorkel with the sharks on your visit to Honolulu. As always, there are tours that you could sign up to make your experience incredible. Aside from sharks, you will get to snorkel with different forms of tropical fishes and turtles, plus you will see the exciting marine life up close.
- Go swim with the dolphins: Everyone knows that dolphins are very friendly creatures. If you want to know just how friendly they are and you happen to visit Honolulu, then you must carry out this activity.
- Visit the Iolani Palace: The Iolani palace once served as the home of Hawaiian monarchs, but now it serves as a museum. You can visit this palace if you wish to learn all about Hawaii and its history. The palace is carefully preserved, and the décor inside it offers a glimpse back in time. You are allowed to visit both the indoor and outdoor spaces of the Iolani Palace. Therefore, you should make use of this opportunity by exploring the place thoroughly before you leave. Free events hold at the palace often, and so, if you would like to attend any, ensure that you check up beforehand so that you can schedule your visit around it.
Most popular restaurants in Honolulu.
Since a lot of people come into the city regularly, it is important that there should be places in which they can eat. There are lots of restaurants in Honolulu, with some of the most popular ones being:
- Roy’s Waikiki Beach: This popular restaurant serves lots of delicious dishes. To properly appreciate the different foods that Roy’s Waikiki Beach serves, you’d have to pay a visit to the restaurant so that you can select what you want for yourself.
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant: Tommy Bahama restaurant offers American cuisine, seafood, vegetarian foods, local foods and also has vegan options.
- Roy’s Hawaii Kai: Whenever you feel hungry, do not hesitate to make your way to this restaurant. On the menu are different dishes from which you can choose to satiate your hunger. The restaurant offers Hawaiian dishes, Asian fusion, and seafood.
- Azure: This world-class restaurant offers Japanese cuisine, American cuisine, seafood, and oceanfront group dining. You can go there with your group for celebrations for special occasions. You can also make reservations at the restaurant if you wish to do so.
- Orchids: Orchids offers Hawaiian, vegetarian-friendly, and contemporary cuisine to its customers. You can get breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch from this restaurant. The restaurant is located at the Halekulani hotel.
Vegan restaurants in Honolulu.
If you are a vegan and you are looking for a good vegan restaurant where you can dine in Honolulu, do not worry. There different vegan restaurants that serve tasty vegan dishes in the city. Some of them include:
- Vegan Hills: The restaurant offers vegan full-service dining. Some items on the menu include organic cashew cream sauce, tomato, organic house-made tofu sour cream, and original black bean chili. The menu changes every week, though, so you would have to check in to know the available options. Vegan Hills is open every Wednesday to Monday from 10 am to 3 pm. On Thursdays to Saturdays, it opens from 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm. The restaurant is closed on Tuesdays.
- Govinda’s restaurant: This restaurant offers vegetarian and vegan foods every Monday to Saturday from 11 am to 2 pm. There are different items on the menu every day of the week, and you can check to know which food would be served on the day you wish to visit.
- Waterdrop Vegetarian House: This place serves various tasty Vegetarian and vegan dishes at affordable prices. Also, it has a spacious and clean sitting area. The restaurant opens every Monday to Friday from 11 am to 2 pm and is closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Down to Earth Deli: This restaurant opens from Mondays to Sundays from 7 am to 10 pm. The food menu is vegan friendly, and the food is produced with the use of fresh, local, and organic ingredients. The restaurant also sells vegan baked goods.
- Loving Hut: Loving Hut serves Asian, American, and Vietnamese vegan food. It also sells desserts, along with non-alcoholic beverages. The place opens on Mondays to Saturdays from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm and from 5 pm to 9 pm.
Hawaii is a very beautiful place, and as its capital, Honolulu is teeming with various fun activities for visitors. If you decide to visit the city, ensure that you partake in some of the different available tours so that you can get the best of any activity in which you engage.