Tourist attractions in Asheville North Carolina, hotels and things to do in 2020
Tourist Attractions in Asheville North Carolina, Resort hotels and Best things to do While in Asheville, North Carolina.
Asheville is located in the far west of North Carolina and is a popular tourist attraction, especially for people who enjoy the outdoors.
There are numerous tourist attractions in Asheville besides mountains that are found in this location, together with the National Forest, parks, and waterfalls are some of the major attractions that draw people to this site. You’ll quickly see why Asheville is famed for its arts culture. Street art abounds, with vibrant murals representing the city’s history painted on the sides of buildings and beneath bridges.
Apart from its tourist attractions in Asheville North Carolina that make it popular, Asheville is also popular for its artistic community and the abundance of different restaurants.
Some tourist attractions in Asheville North Carolina include Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina Arboretum, and Pisgah National Forest.
Tourist Attractions in Asheville North Carolina
• Blue Ridge Parkway: Blue Ridge Parkway is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Asheville. The parkway stretches from Virginia down to Cherokee in North Carolina. It has a beautiful and scenic view, particularly in the springtime when flowers are in bloom.
You can spend time driving slowly on the parkway and viewing nature in all its glory. Also, you can climb the Blue Ridge Mountain Ridge and ascend to as high as 5000 or more feet so that you can admire the scenery below you.
If you love to hike, there are various hiking trails ranging from easy to difficult ones on the parkway.
Aside from that, you can also have roadside picnics while enjoying the fresh air and beautiful view. Places, where you can have picnics, include the Julian Price Park, the Moses Cone Park, Craggy Gardens Picnic Area, the Beacon Heights, and Linville Falls, to mention a few.
If you would love to hike, there are also such tourist attractions in Asheville North Carolina e.g. you can visit the Linville falls, rough ridge, Julian Price Park, and many other locations. There are also locations where you can stop and buy things along the way.
• Western North Carolina Nature Center: This is another one of the major tourist attractions in Asheville North Carolina. If you are a wildlife lover, or you would like to see and learn about different animals in their natural habitat, then you should do well to stop at this nature center. You can partake in an indoor exhibit or an outdoor exhibit.
For the indoor exhibit, you will be educated about different types of reptiles, small mammals, and amphibians. The outdoor exhibit showcases different habitats and their inhabitants, such as native species like raccoons, foxes, turtles, otters, among others. The Western North Carolina Nature Center spans about 42 acres.
It is big enough to accommodate a bobcat, grey wolves, red wolf, and coyote in its Appalachian predator’s habitat. If you would love to hike on the nature center’s hiking trail, you are free to do so. Also, different events are held in this place year-round, and you can choose to attend any of them.
• North Carolina Arboretum: This large arboretum is over 65 acres wide and opens from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. It has a wide range of different kinds of beautiful plants in its cultivated gardens and is a place where people who love nature and people who would want to learn about different plants should visit.
The arboretum is a beautiful place to visit, particularly during spring, when flowers are blooming. Apart from learning about the cultivated gardens and the plants that are in them, you can also go on guided trail walks, geocaching, or self-guided mobile device tours.
• The botanical gardens of Asheville: As one of the tourist attractions in Asheville North Carolina, this is another place where nature lovers can go to view beautifully tended gardens. The place is open throughout the year and is best visited from April to August when flowers are in bloom and flourishing. The botanical garden is free and open to all members of the public, and so, you can visit it anytime you want.
While you are there, you can learn about the different plants that you see as the garden offers educational classes and walks.
• Pisgah National Forest: This is also one of the major tourist attractions in Asheville North Carolina has waterfalls, Whitewater Rivers, forest slopes, and high peaks. The Pisgah National Forest covers over 500,000 acres and has lots of sites for outdoor recreation. You can have picnics or camp at any of the numerous day-use areas in the National Forest.
The day-use areas have all sorts of amenities, and you can carry out different activities like swimming, boat ramps, and exploring trails.
There are also guided nature hikes that you can partake in, or you can engage in different seasonal programs like horseback riding, bicycling, rock climbing, and fishing.
Hotel Resorts in Asheville North Carolina
• Hyatt Place, Asheville Downtown: This hotel is located in the middle of downtown Asheville and is close to numerous restaurants. The hotel has a provision for dining so you can get a meal anytime you want. The rooms are comfortable and quite spacious, and they have a living space with all the luxurious amenities you need to make your stay enjoyable.
It also has a fitness center that is fitted with strength training machines and cardio equipment so that you can get a workout if you want one. The hotel has other amenities such as a swimming pool, free internet access, meeting facilities, and others. Hyatt Place is open 24/7, and so you can stop by at any time.
• The Omni Grove Park Inn: The Omni Grove Park Inn offers southern hospitality to visitors. It is fitted with all the amenities that you need to have a wonderful and enjoyable stay in the city. Each room is stylish and has an amazing view. Other amenities that are available include a subterranean spa, a golf course, an outdoor tennis court, and different restaurants.
• Haywood Park Hotel: This hotel is dedicated to providing visitors with hospitality and is located in Battery Hill neighborhood. There are different suites available, namely the Deluxe City View King Suite, the Deluxe City View Queen Suite, the Junior King Suite, the Junior Queen Suite, the Grand King Suite, the Master King Suite, the Superior King Suite, and the Superior Queen Suite. Each suite has spacious living space and different amenities that would make your stay great.
• Lambuth Inn, Lake Junaluska: The Lambuth Inn overlooks Lake Junaluska, giving visitors a splendid view of both the lake and the Blue Ridge Mountains that surround it. The hotel’s dining room serves different meals, and so you can head over there anytime you feel hungry. Amenities in the hotel include free wireless internet, flat-screen televisions, on-site meeting rooms, telephone, coffee makers, and other amenities.
• The Foundry Hotel: This hotel offers relaxation, enjoyment, and hospitality to visitors and is situated very close to different shops and eateries in downtown Asheville. There is also an on-site restaurant, a fitness center, concierge services, and meeting rooms at the Foundry hotel. The hotel boasts 87 guest rooms and three meeting rooms. As a bonus, if you have a pet, you can bring it with you as pets are allowed at the hotel.
• Snowbird Mountain Lodge: Snowbird mountain lodge is located in a spot that is filled with nature’s beauty, and so, it provides a relaxing and calming atmosphere for visitors. If you decide to stay at the hotel, you will get a panoramic view of the Snowbird Mountains.
There are no televisions at the hotel because the hotel aims to provide a getaway place where visitors can enjoy nature at its fullest and get a break from everyday life. Specialty events like birding and wine dinners take place regularly at the Snowbird Mountain Lodge.
There are also hiking trails on the property, with rest stops and picnic areas along the way, and you can go hike on the trails. The food that is cooked and served in the hotel is purchased from local growers, and guests will get breakfast, lunch, and dinner, along with their payments for their accommodation.
Best Restaurants in Asheville, North Carolina
Even though lots of hotels provide dining for their guests, there are still lots of restaurants in the city, and you could visit any of them to savor local dishes. The best restaurants in Asheville include:
• Posana Restaurant: This restaurant serves contemporary American dishes with local ingredients, and so, you could head on there to eat tasty dishes.
• Curate: This Spanish restaurant is open every day of the week, except on Mondays. There are lots of tasty dishes on the menu, and you can drop by to sate your hunger with any of them.
• Roman’s: Roman’s serves sandwiches, craft beers, and burgers, together with other foods.
Other popular restaurants in the city include Rocky’s hot Chicken Shack, Daphne at twisted Laurel, Red ginger DinSum& Tapas, Chiesa, Limones, The Admiral, and Tupelo Honey.
Best Vegan Restaurants in Asheville, North Carolina
If you are vegan, there are also different vegan restaurants where you can eat to your heart’s content. They include:
• Plant Vegan Restaurant.
• Nine Mile.
• The Admiral.
• Laughing seed Café.
• Rosetta’s Kitchen and the Buchi Bar.
• Laughing seed café.
• Vortex doughnuts.
• Polanco restaurant.
Best Things to do in Asheville, North Carolina
• Have an adventure on the French Broad River: There are different activities that you can carry out on this big river if you love adventure. For instance, you can participate in whitewater rafting, kayaking, inner-tube floating, or canoeing. Also, you could decide to hike or bike along the shores of the river. There are numerous parks where you can fish, have picnics, bird watch, and carry out a lot of other enjoyable activities.
• Go Sightseeing: Asheville is a very beautiful place, and so even simple sightseeing is enough for you to have fun. The city has both a cultural and architectural history, which you can appreciate by going on the Asheville urban trail walk. The trail walk features 30 stops, each of which has a public sculpture that symbolizes an important moment or person in the history of the place.
You can also check out the street art of the city while you are touring. You will find lots of colorful murals that show the city’s history on buildings and everywhere around the city. If you have the strength to do so, you should explore the city on foot as it is the best way to sightsee it. It will take you two hours or thereabouts to do so. There are lots of shops, restaurants, and breweries where you can purchase things to eat during your sightseeing.
• Go on Tours: Asheville is a very beautiful place. Therr a lot of natural tourist attractions in Asheville. For this reason, there is no end to the number of different tours that are available to visitors. Most of the tourist attractions of the city which are mentioned above offer one guided tour of the other, and you can partake in any of them.
• Go Hiking: there are many hiking trails in this city, ranging from easy ones to difficult ones. If you enjoy hiking a lot and you plan on visiting the city, do not forget to bring your hiking gear along with you. You can select any of the tourist attractions that are favorable for hiking and go hike to your heart’s content.
• Go Fishing: Fishing is an activity that many people enjoy, and if you are one of those people, then you can carry out this activity while in Asheville. If you do not know how to fish, but you want to learn, you can partake in any of the guided fly fishing expeditions.
• Visit Local Farms or the Farmer’s Market: Once you are done exploring or while you are still doing so, do well to buy fresh food items like meats, cheese, veggies, and other fresh foods to take back home with you. Alternatively, you can visit any of the numerous farmers’ markets that are in the city so that you can get fresh food.
• Go for a Wine Tasting: The city has a lot of wineries, and you can avail yourself of the opportunity of going for a wine tasting. If possible, you should go for a free tasting at the most visited winery in the whole of America, Biltmore.
• Visit the River Arts District: The River Arts District is located close to the French Broad River and was once made up of old industrial buildings. However, some years ago, artists transformed the buildings into studio space.
Today, all sorts of art exhibitions and works ranging from painting exhibits to jewelry-making take place there. If you can, plan your visit to fall on the 2nd Saturday of the month as the place hosts art workshops, live music, wine tastings, and lots of other interesting activities on the second Saturday of every month.
Asheville is a great place where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of your everyday life and go relax in natural settings.
With the numerous tourist attractions in Asheville,there are many fun activities that you could carry out while you are there, you will never be bored. If you want, you can make the trip alone, with a significant other for a romantic getaway, or you can come with your family to enjoy the beautiful city.
Just make sure to sign up for any of thine available tours and make sure you explore the city and what it has to offer before you go back so that you have a memorable experience. You can get great discounts to travel to Asheville, together with awesome deals on hotels at Airflightdeals.