Tourist attractions in Philadelphia and the best things to do in Philadelphia 2020
There are lots of tourist attractions in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania’s largest city. The city has a lot to offer visitors, in the form of beautiful sights, awesome dining, and excellent hospitality. Philadelphia has a rich history, and there are lots of fun things for you to do while you are there, either alone, with a significant other, or with friends and family. In this article, we would go through some of the tourist attractions in Philadelphia, interesting things to do in Philadelphia and affordable hotels in Philadelphia.
Tourist attractions in Philadelphia and the best things to do in Philadelphia
- Shop at the Reading terminal market: Shopping can definitely be included in one of the few things to do in Philadelphia. Are you a foodie, or do you love to cook wholesome meals from scratch? Then you can rest assured that you will find shopping in the Reading Terminal Market an awesome experience. The market offers all sorts of food, including seafood, baked foods, meats, local and foreign food products, and lots more. Apart from foods, you can get items like cookbooks, kitchenware, and related items in the market. If you prefer to eat already cooked food, there are different restaurants where you can eat well-prepared and delicious meals to your satisfaction.
- Visit and take pictures at the Liberty Bell Center: Liberty Bell Center is one of the famous tourist attractions in Philadelphia. At the Liberty Bell Center, you will get to see the Liberty Bell up close. The Liberty Bell is famous as it is one of the well-known symbols of freedom and one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. There are exhibitions and films that show the history of the bell and what it signifies. As a bonus, you do not need any ticket or fee to visit the iconic Liberty Bell. Therefore, you must know that taking a photo in front of the bell is an important and memorable things to do in Philadelphia.
- Visit Franklin Square: As one of the tourist attractions in Philadelphia, the Franklin Park is a great place for families, singles, and couples who are visiting the city to have fun. Amenities at the square include a beautiful fountain, a small golf course, playground (your child or children will lobe this), and a carousel. The presence of SquareBurger in the park means that you do not have to go hungry while having fun there. SquareBurger offers tasty treats like hot dogs, burgers, French fries, and other tasty treats that you’ll surely love.
You can also host events at the square if you have one to host. Since it is in the centre of Philadelphia, Franklin Square is an ideal place to host events and like weddings, birthdays, and much more. So, you can imagine there are how many things to do in Philadelphia especially in just at the visit Franklin Square. The playground is always open, and it is free, making it the perfect place for kids of all ages to play.
- Longwood Gardens: Spending some time in a place that shows nature’s beauty is a great way to de-stress and have fun. The Garden attracts hundreds of people from all over the world each year, and this is no surprise since the place is simply awesome. Longwood Gardens feature meadows, breathtaking gardens, fountains, and woodlands.
Apart from viewing the beauty of nature in the Longwood Garden, there are other fun activities for you to carry out while you are there. The Garden hosts various activities all year round, including children’s activities, educational programs, concerts, fountain shows, and many more.
- Have fun on a hot air balloon ride: Hot air balloon ride should be written on top whenever you write down the things to do in Philadelphia. If you have never gone on a hot air balloon ride, or you want to renew the experience that you had before, you would do well to book a ride if you visit Philadelphia. You can book one with the United States Hot Air Balloon Club which goes to five different locations including Chester County, Hershey, Lancaster County, Bucks County and Gettysburg. The ride is usually a highly entertaining and fun experience. During the ride, you will be taught how to both launch and land the balloon.
- Visit the Love Park: This is another one of the major tourist attractions in Philadelphia, and it is one that couples will love tremendously. If you travel to Philadelphia with your significant other, then do well to visit the Love Park, officially called John F Kennedy Plaza. The place is a popular one among lovers in Philadelphia, and you can go there with your spouse to spend some quality time. Philadelphia’s love sculpture has its location there, and the place has beautiful green areas that lend it a serene and natural atmosphere. Various food trucks from which you can purchase food are available at the park in case you get hungry while exploring. Also, numerous events are hosted there at different times of the year, including wedding ceremonies, musical festivals, and cultural celebrations.
- Visit the Blue Cross RiverRink Winterfest and Summerfest: This place is always a fun spot, whether during summer or winter. During summer, you can spend the day basking in the sun in the urban beach area which overlooks the Delaware River. During winter, you can skate on the skating rink or learn how to do so if you do not know how to skate previously. You can also play lots of carnival-style games at the Blue Cross RiverRink.
Other tourist attractions in Philadelphia include the Independence Hall, Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia zoo, Valley Forage National Historical Park, and the City Hall Tower.
Best Hotels in Philadelphia
Following are the best hotels in Philadelphia. You must go through this list before planning a tour to Philadelphia.
- The Rittenhouse hotel: This hotel has its location at 210 West Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia. The rates here are $288.
- The Dwight D a Boutique Hotel: This hotel has its location at 256 South 16th Street Philadelphia. The rates are $200.
- The Study Hotel at University City: This hotel has its location at 20 South 33rd Street, Philadelphia. The rates are $179.
- Cambria Hotel Philadelphia Downtown Center City: This hotel has its location at 219 South Broad Street Philadelphia. The rates are $125.
- The Westin Philadelphia: This hotel has its location at 99 South 17 Street Philadelphia. The rates are $124.
- The Windsor Suites Philadelphia: This hotel has its location at 1700 Benjamin Franklin Parkway Philadelphia. The rates are $97.
- ROOST Rittenhouse: This hotel has its location at 1831 Chestnut Street Philadelphia. The rates are $193.
- Rittenhouse 1715 – A Boutique Hotel: This hotel has its location at 1715 Rittenhouse Square Philadelphia. The rates are $99.
- Sheraton Suites Philadelphia Airport: This hotel has its location at 4101 B Island Avenue, Philadelphia. The rates are $116.
- Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown Rittenhouse Square: This hotel has its location at 1800 Market Street Philadelphia. The rates are $119.
- Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing: This hotel has its location at 201 S. Christopher Columbus Blvd Philadelphia. The rates are $130.
- Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel: This hotel has its location at 401 Chestnut Street Philadelphia. The rates are $170.
The Best Restaurants in Philadelphia
- Vernick Food and Drink: This restaurant serves modern American dishes. It has its location at 2031 Walnut Street, Philadelphia.
- Laurel: the menu at this restaurant includes Mediterranean, Philadelphian, Asian, American and French dishes. It has its location at 1617 East Passyunk Avenue, Philadelphia.
- Zahav: Zahav is an Israeli restaurant that serves the most delicious Israeli foods that you can find anywhere. The restaurant has its location at 237 St. James Place, Philadelphia.
- Hiroki: This restaurant serves the tastiest sushi you will find anywhere. It has its location at 1355 North Front Street, Philadelphia.
- Vetri Cucina: this Italian restaurant has its location at 1312 spruce Street, Philadelphia.
The Best Vegan Restaurants in Philadelphia
- Cilantro Mediterranean Cuisine: The restaurant has dine-in, pickup and delivery options. It has its location at 613 S 4th St, Philadelphia.
- Vedge: This restaurant serves delicious vegan and vegetarian dishes. It has its location at 1221 Locust St, Philadelphia.
- V Street: V Street also offers tasty vegan dishes. The restaurant has its location at 124-126 S 19th St, Philadelphia.
- P.S and Co: This vegan restaurant offers gluten-free and organic dishes. It has its location at 1706 Locust St, Philadelphia.
- The Tasty: The Tasty serves vegan meals and sandwiches. It has its location at 1401 S 12th St, Philadelphia.
If you are opportune to be in the city, try to visit one or more of the tourist attractions in Philadelphia. You will enjoy the visit, and you will gain exposure and knowledge. You can get great discounts to travel to Philadelphia, together with awesome deals on hotels at Airflightdeals.